Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Around Town: Time to Myself with My Friends

Being a mascot is very busy work. You have to go to all of these important events, participate in projects, pose for photographs, be on t-shirts, flyers, and letterheads...and you have to do it all without breaking a sweat!

There are times, however, that I get a moment to myself. I like to chill out, listen to some music (what kind of music...well, that depends on my mood), and enjoy a cup of tea.

Lately, I've been going to visit Cafe Valentino's with Danica on Saturdays. It's got a very vibrant, community atmosphere, but it's also a nice place to relax and unwind. The owners love to get to know their customers one-on-one and are always busy at work behind the counter or setting up a new carafe of coffee.

Personally, I like the iced green tea. I find it very refreshing and it goes well with my breakfast - I usually get the banana nut bread and have some cream cheese on it...


Oh dear, now I'm making myself hungry.
Anyway, you know me, I'm all about supporting our local businesses. They're what make our communities unique!
Do you have a favorite, unique place in your community? Tell us about it! Maybe I'll have to stop by and visit it for myself...
- Jojo

No comments:

Post a Comment